Here are the details you need for the competition classes and dog show classes:
Baking and Craft Competition Classes
5 years and under
1. Cress grown in an imaginative container
2. Mask, theme The Green Man
6 – 11 years
3. Decorated gingerbread man, theme A Royal Birthday Party
4. Mask, theme The Green Man
5. Cress grown in an imaginative container
12 – 16 years
6. Birthday cake fit for the Queen
7. Mask, theme The Green Man
8. Photograph of wildlife found in your garden (please note where the photograph was taken)
9. Bunch of mixed herbs (max 5 varieties) displayed in a jam jar
10. The most perfumed rose, one stem
11. A display of three sweet pea stems, any variety
12. Cottage garden – a display of at least 5 different varieties found in a country garden
Cookery – all own recipe
13. Jar of jam or marmalade, any fruit
14. Jar of your favourite chutney
All jars to be sealed with a wax disc and cellophane only.
15. Victoria sponge cake (3 eggs)
16. Savoury tart, no bigger than 8” across
17. Capturing homelife
18. Somerset wildlife
All photos must be taken by the exhibitor, be unmounted and not exceed 13x18cm/5×7” in size.
19. An item of hand knitting or crochet
20. An unframed print or painting, no bigger than 50x50cm
21. An item of embroidery, needlework, cross-stitch or tapestry
22. A handmade birthday card fit for the Queen
Rules for Competitors
Entry into children’s classes is free.
Entry into adult classes is 50p per entry.
Competitors may only submit one entry per class.
Judges decisions are final.
All entries must be received and registered at the village hall between 6pm and 7.30pm on Friday 24th June. Late entries will not be accepted.
Pupils at Curry Mallet Primary School may submit their entries at school via the PTFA between 3.15pm and 4.00pm on Friday 24th June.
Entries will be judged on the morning of Saturday 25th June.
Best in Show awards will be presented at 3.00pm. Exhibits and certificates must not be removed before 3.30pm, but must be collected by 4.00pm. The organisers cannot take responsibility for any exhibits not collected from the village hall by 4pm.
The organisers cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to any exhibitor’s property.
Enquiries about the competition to Richard Allard, village hall chairman, on 01823 480828.
Fun Dog Show Classes
Best Senior Dog
Most Appealing Eyes
Best Overall Winner/Best Runner Up
Each category is £2.
Registration from 1.00pm, judging begins at 2.00pm.
Enquiries about the dog show phone Val 01823 480281 or Pat 01823 480157
Editor’s note: Please ensure that your dog is well behaved and under control during the event – and also remember to bring plenty of poo bags and clean up after your dog.
All of these classes are open to all (children’s age categories apply), so don’t be shy – we look forward to seeing lots of entries!